Create Your Perfect Coastal Styled Home
Coastal style is one of the most popular interior design styles of the past 5 years. This style evokes feelings of long summer holidays and calming ocean breezes, signifying our love for the beauty we see in our natural coastal environments - no matter where you live.
The interior design professionals at the MyChoice Design Studio have given us their top 5 tips to creating your perfect Coastal Styled home:
- Pay as much attention to the outside areas as to those inside your new home. The transition of flooring, doors and windows should be seamless with a natural flow between the two spaces.
- The interior styling should be light, fresh and relaxed with stylish minimal cabinetry, fixtures and finishes. Think natural and local colours, materials and textures with plenty of windows to let the natural light in.
- A crisp or milky white colour palette is the ultimate for coastal style, with occasional splashes of aqua, blues, greens and corals taking inspiration from the ocean and water ways.
- Use lighter timber tones, rather than the dark moody woods and mix up the more weathered materials with those of a smooth, matt finishes to incorporate more textures throughout.
- Feature light and breezy textiles combined with natural, sometimes weathered materials to portray an effortless, calm atmosphere. Sisal rugs, seagrass, rattan and linen are the ideal natural fibres to introduce to your interior.
You will be wowed by the stunning Stria Board feature wall painted in Taubman’s Seagull which is featured beautifully at the Entry, Home Theatre and Dining.
The effortless seaside style continues with the open plan living and entertaining areas, featuring an incredible raked ceiling which adds another element to the space and the spectacular Tahitian ceiling fans with their expansive rounded white blades will leave you in awe.
The Gourmet Kitchen with its generous Walk-In Pantry features under-bench display shelving in the Island and over-bench open shelving either side of the rangehood.
The white-on-white cabinetry with brushed stainless steel handles and Intense White Caesarstone is true to the coastal vibe and the stunning hexagonal marble splashback and striking, dimmable strip pendant over the Island make bold statements in their respective spaces.
Be warned you will not want to leave this beautiful coastal home. Plan your next trip to Sandy Beach, NSW and prepare to be inspired to create the ultimate coastal style for your new home.
Discover more stunning features of the Bexley home design here.