Create Your Perfect Coastal Styled Home
Coastal style is one of the most popular interior design styles of the past 5 years. This style evokes feelings of long summer holidays and calming ocean breezes, signifying our love for the beauty we see in our natural coastal environments - no matter where you live.
How to Create a Coastal Home
A bright and breezy coastal home creates a soothing connection between the indoors and out.
All it takes to create a spacious coastal haven is a beautiful, carefully considered blend of natural materials, expanses of glass, and a neutral palette of whites.
Our interior design professionals at the MyChoice Design Studio have given us their top 5 tips to creating your perfect Coastal Styled home:
- Pay as much attention to the outside areas as to those inside your new home. The transition of flooring, doors and windows should be seamless with a natural flow between the two spaces.
- The interior styling should be light, fresh and relaxed with stylish minimal cabinetry, fixtures and finishes. Think natural and local colours, materials and textures with plenty of windows to let the natural light in.
- A crisp or milky white colour palette is the ultimate for coastal style, with occasional splashes of aqua, blues, greens and corals taking inspiration from the ocean and waterways.
- Use lighter timber tones, rather than the dark moody woods and mix up the more weathered materials with those of a smooth, matt finishes to incorporate more textures throughout.
- Feature light and breezy textiles combined with natural sometimes weathered materials to portray an effortless, calm atmosphere. Sisal rugs, seagrass, rattan and linen are the ideal natural fibres to introduce to your interior.
Coastal Styling on Display
We know our client love to visit our display homes to be inspired and delighted by the gorgeous designs and styling throughout our homes.
Here are some of our favourite elements of our coastal styled Display Homes.
The stunning new Bexley Display Home at Sandy Beach on the New South Wales Mid North Coast features a stunning Stria Board feature wall painted in Taubman’s Seagull which is featured beautifully at the Entry, Home Theatre and Dining.
The effortless seaside style continues with the open plan living and entertaining areas, featuring an incredible feature ceiling with timber battens in the Bronte on display at Lochinvar. This feature adds a beautiful natural element to the space and the spectacular ceiling in the Living, Home Theatre and Study.
Plan your next trip to visit one of our Coastal styled display home - BUT - be warned you will not want to leave these beautiful coastal homes.