September truly is the time for us to celebrate the wonderful father figures we have in our lives. With Father’s Day just around the corner, what better way to spoil Dad than with homemade breaky that’s come from the heart.
There’s nothing better than waking up on Father’s Day, getting busy in the kitchen and making Dad a delicious breakfast he will never forget. A breakfast favourite for Dad has got to be French toast. Here is our take on the classic French toast.
Fabulous French Toast
- 2 slices of bread (any kind Dad loves to eat)
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup of milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Maple syrup
- 4 strawberries
- Double cream
- Icing sugar to dust
- Whisk eggs, milk and a sprinkle of salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Chop strawberries in quarters and set aside in a bowl.
- Heat a non-stick fry pan on medium heat.
- Dip the slices of bread in the egg mixture. Make sure you coat both sides well. Be sure to dip the slices one at a time.
- Cook the slices of bread for 2 minutes each side, or until golden brown.
- To serve, cut the French toast in half. Add one heaped scoop of double cream on top. Sprinkle the strawberries over the top and pour a generous serve of maple syrup. Dust with icing sugar.
So there you have it, get in the kitchen and serve dad a delicious hot breaky this Father’s Day.
To all the Dad’s out there, we wish you a very happy Father’s Day with family and friends.
Share your photos of Dad and his breakfast with us on Facebook!