This easy to make Christmas sweet will wow your guests this Christmas!
Always a favourite, Nutella® is spread between two layers of puff pastry, scored in horizontal lines then twisted to form tree branches. Quick and easy, it’s ideal for Christmas parties and for those short notice drop in visits with friends and family.
Prep 35 mins
Cook 12 mins
Ready in 52 mins
1. Preheat oven to 190°C. Line a baking tray with aluminium foil and grease with butter.
2. Cut puff pastry in half; roll into two 28x33cm (11x13-inch) sheets on a lightly floured surface.
3. Place 1 puff pastry sheet on the prepared baking tray. Lightly score puff pastry into shape of a triangle with a wide base. Spread chocolate-hazelnut spread over triangle with the back of a spoon.
4. Roll up second sheet of puff pastry and place on tip of triangle; roll down to cover chocolate spread. Score top puff pastry sheet into a triangle; cut out carefully to avoid tearing aluminium foil. Pull away excess pastry.
5. Cut away 2 strips at bottom of triangle to form base of a tree trunk. Score 2 lines down middle of triangle to form a tree trunk that is narrower at the top and gets wider towards the base. Using the trunk as a guide, cut branches into sides of triangle.
6. Twist branches away from you, trying to get in 2 turns on lower branches. Continue moving up tree, twisting away from you as you go.
7. Cut a small star out of excess pastry; place on top of tree. Brush star and tree with beaten egg.
8. Bake in preheated oven until puffy and golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes. Cool slightly, about 5 minutes. Slide onto a serving plate, using a piece of parchment paper if needed.
Need more Christmas inspiration? Visit our Pinterest page to be inspired…
Read the original recipe by All Recipes.